Tuesday 10 February 2015

How can you pick just one?! A sample of my cupcakes :)

First up, Mint Chocolate cupcakes with Vanilla Mint buttercream!

I was craving something minty before Christmas, but I didn't have any mint extract :(  I couldn't find what I was looking for in the shops here in Australia so I made my own!  It was really simple, I only had to put some vodka in a jar with some fresh mint leaves and set it in the fridge for a couple of months.  It was beautiful and flavored the cupcakes and the frosting nicely.  I hated the long wait but oh my, it was worth it.  These cupcakes hit the spot and they were so delicious.  





Next, Fresh Strawberry cupcakes with Vanilla Creamcheese frosting!

These turned out so pretty.  I first made a puree of strawberries, which was beautiful alone honestly.  I thought about reserving some or just making it again, to replace the sugary-too-sweet jam we have in the fridge!  The cupcakes themselves were moist and delicious, but a bit heavier than the chocolate mint ones.  The frosting paired perfectly with the cake, the cream cheese cut through the sweetness of the berries.  These were my girls' favorite :)




And finally, my Vanilla Vanilla cupcakes with (my new favorite) Vanilla Bean buttercream frosting!

I was inspired because I found some new vanilla at the store and I wanted to give it a try.  As you probably know, real vanilla beans can be quite pricy so I try to use it sparingly, well as sparingly as a baker can, lol.  But, I found some on special and YAY, I just wish I bought more!

Anyway, I LOVED this frosting.  Don't get me wrong, the cupcakes were delightful and moist and oh so yummy, but this frosting takes it to a whole new level.  It might not look like much, but this is my new favorite recipe.  I decided to try a new and oh my goodness, I'm glad I did.  You can find it here.  It is so good, I really can't stress that enough :)


I love the beautiful flecks of vanilla bean.  It adds something special don't you think?



Which ones is your favorite?  Can you even decide?!  No worries, I can't either, and now I just want to try making more!

No comments:

Post a Comment