Friday 16 January 2015

1st Birthday Cake and a Smash Cake on the side!

Another Happy Birthday Cake!  





I actually hadn't made a cake for a baby boy before this one.  I did a lot of thinking about how to decorate it and then my husband just told me to stop, boys don't want all the frills and fancy decor that girls want.  He was right and it turned out perfectly!  Nikolas's mom ended up putting a little airplane on top and a nice candle :)  Inside is my yummy moist chocolate cake and it's filled with chocolate frosting and the outside is covered in a divine cream cheese frosting (I used this one.)

I have wanted to make a smash cake for a long time too.  SOOO many cute ones all over pinterest.  (If you don't already know, a smash cake is for a 1st birthday.  It's for the baby to smash, just like the name suggests!  Then it's bathtime of course :P)  I decided to make a small all-chocolate cake for Nikolas and his parents.  I am not sure if they let him smash it or they decided to eat it.. lol


Just look at that frosting!!


Happy 1st Birthday Nikolas!  I hope you loved your cake!

2 comments:

  1. wow I need a smash cake for my little grand daughter Ava sure wish you could do one for us this one looks so delicious and so perfect for a little boy.... we need a pink one though..... lovely cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could make a smash cake for sweet little Ava! It would be lots of fun, maybe when I come to visit, I could make her a 1 1/2 year smash cake? :) I bet she'd love that!

    ReplyDelete