Friday 16 January 2015

Daniella's Chocolate Castle Cake!

Chocolate Castle Cake

This cake was an endeavor for me.  I have been wanting to make something amazing like this for a long time but I didn't have an opportunity to pull it off.  My wonderful friend Jennifer gave me the chance I needed when her little girl Daniella had her 6th birthday.  Her party was prince/princess themed so I decided to make a her a grand castle cake of chocolate and yumminess :)

I only wish I had taken more pictures.  I didn't get to even clean up the work space before we had to rush out the door (I must admit I was later than I would have liked finishing this massive cake.  I didn't budget my time too well that day due to a doctor's visit and a family thing >.<)  BUT we got it to the party on time.

I used my yummy moist chocolate cake recipe and topped it off with my yummy chocolate frosting and piped some pretty flowers and vines with buttercream.  This was such a fun cake to make and I hope I have more opportunites like it!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Daniella! <3

2 comments:

  1. wow that is the only word to describe this cake
    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mom :) I am really proud of this one <3 It was a lot of work but it was worth it when I saw Daniella's face light up :)

    ReplyDelete