Thursday 27 November 2014

Heavenly Banana Cream Pie!

Oh I know, isn't it beautiful?!  I was curious if I could alter my recipe for the Mississippi Mud Pie, switch out chocolate for bananas and YEP I did it, and YEP it was amazing and totally worth that entire day I spent planning and putting it together.


I had to develop my own recipe for the cake and just swapped a different cookie for the crust.  The custard was so so yummy, that recipe can be found here.  I didn't want a fake tasting artificial JELLO pudding pie.  I wanted a real-deal banana cake/pie.  And this is what came out of my efforts--I couldn't be happier.  


 You can see the layers of crust, cake, custard, and cream!  (ooooh that could be a song!)


It keeps beautifully too, although I doubt you'd have to worry about that :P


No comments:

Post a Comment