Thursday 27 November 2014

Happy 4th Birthday Leila!


 My beautiful little girl turned 4 this past weekend.  She wanted something purple and something delicious--she wanted a monster and so this is what I came up with.  I didn't want fondant (gross), I didn't want too much frosting, because no matter how nice frosting tastes, sometimes it can be overwhelming and most people can't eat a mouthful of sugar.  I settled on a swiss meringue buttercream because it's just perfect.  It's sweet, yet overly so, and it colors so well.

I let her help make her decorations, I told her I'd frost the outside and she could tell me what to put on her monster.  She just wanted some eyes and a squiggly mouth, so that's what we did!

The inside of the cake is what I was most excited about.  There are five layers, two chocolate layered between the cherry, chocolate chip, and funfetti layers.  I was so impressed with how it looked when we cut into it :)

And here is her little monster, a little worse for wear since it's quite difficult to keep a 4 year old's fingers off of her birthday cake :P


And here they are, my happy beautiful girls.  Happy Birthday Leila bug <3  (Look how happy she is!)



No comments:

Post a Comment